Monday, October 12, 2009




I added hand drawn elements with the figure and text. I want to experiment more with the text because I don't think it works well all together just yet. Just so everyone knows, this isn't the actual color of the poster. For some reason, when I saved it as a jpeg the colors got distorted and I can't seem to figure out how to fix this.  The background is originally a cream-ish color. The title is supposed to be black ('The'), gray (Amerian), and lighter gray (Astronaut). "from dusk till dawn" is supposed to be in a brownish orange color. Everything else is black.

2 comments:

  1. The hand drawn type elements don't feel well-considered, and like a handwritten note, as opposed to a well-designed element.

    The astronaut sketch is an interesting direction, but it could be pushed even more. Be mindful of the scale relationship between the title, imagery, and the graphic square in the back. It's a little awkward right now.

    The photo element is very, very subtle. Can you make it more integral? I really like the quality of your drawing, can you add more elements to make it more western to support the astronaut?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your text lines are giving my eyes easy paths off the page, especially the stair step "astronaut" title. I'd try and group your "dusk to dawn" with your "bengie's" text so they'll feel more like a unit.

    I think you can add more land/cloud masses to the earth. The scale and placement of the man reminds me too much of the book "Le Petite Prince". I agree with Ryan that a little more western could be thrown in here.

    ReplyDelete